The Kellogg Company’s Feeding Reading program allows families to earn free books for their children by collecting codes from specially marked Kellogg’s products. This innovative program encourages literacy and reading from an early age by making book access easy and rewarding.
With obesity on the rise, Kellogg’s also aims to promote proper nutrition through this initiative. By tying book rewards to healthy cereal purchases, Kellogg’s incentivizes better breakfast choices.
This article provides a comprehensive overview of Kellogg’s Feeding Reading, with tips on how to make the most of this program. Discover how your family can redeem free books and create lifelong readers.
An In-Depth Look at the Feeding Reading Campaign
The Kellogg Company first launched its Feeding Reading program in 2012, in partnership with the Children’s Book Council. This initiative aligns with Kellogg’s global Breakfasts for Better Days commitment to provide 1 billion servings of cereal and snacks to children and families in need.
Feeding Reading allows families to earn free printed books or eBooks by entering codes from specially marked Kellogg’s products. Codes can be found on all box sizes of cereals like Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, and Krave. Even Kellogg’s portable cereal packs and snack bars contain codes.
By collecting and redeeming codes online or via a mail-in form, participants can select free books from an assortment of titles suited for toddlers through 6th graders. There are always about 80 book options across various genres and reading levels.
Kellogg’s Feeding Reading program runs annually, typically from late spring through early fall. Check the official website for updated promotion dates and terms each year.
Step-by-Step Guide to Redeem Your Free Books
Redeeming free books through Kellogg’s Feeding Reading is easy to do. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Purchase participating Kellogg’s products. Look for the Feeding Reading logo on cereal boxes and snack packages. All sizes and varieties work for this promotion.
2. Collect codes from packages. Find the 12-digit Feeding Reading code printed on the package and write it down or snap a photo.
3. Create or log into your Kellogg’s account. Go to KelloggsFamilyRewards.com to set up or access your online account. This allows you to enter codes and redeem rewards digitally.
4. Enter codes into your account. You can submit up to 2 codes per day online. Make sure to enter any codes by the program deadline.
5. Select your free books. Once you reach the book reward threshold, you can browse the available titles and pick your selections online.
6. Choose delivery method. Have your books shipped free to your home, or download eBook versions instantly.
That’s all there is to it! With minimal effort, you can redeem high-quality books for the special young reader in your life.
Excellent Book Choices for Kids of All Ages
Kellogg’s partners with leading publishers like HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Penguin Random House, and others to offer a robust selection of children’s books. Previous promotion titles have included:
- Classics like Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss and The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
- Popular new releases like Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party by James Dean
- Educational picks like National Geographic’s Weird But True! USA
- Diverse stories like Sulwe by Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong’o
There are engaging choices for all reading levels and interests. Here are just a few current standout options:
- Younger readers: Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker (Pre-K)
- Early chapter books: Narwhal’s Otter Friend by Ben Clanton (Grades 1-3)
- Middle grade: Wink by Rob Harrell (Grades 3-7)
- Family read-alouds: The One and Only Bob by Katherine Applegate (All ages)
Browse the entire catalog at the start of each promotion to pick the perfect titles for your young reader. Having them help choose makes it even more exciting!
Handy Tips to Maximize Your Free Books
Taking advantage of Kellogg’s Feeding Reading is almost as easy as enjoying a bowl of cereal! Here are some helpful tips to get the most out of this program:
- Buy in bulk. Larger cereal boxes often come with multiple codes. A variety pack yields even more!
- Save codes. Don’t forget to enter unused codes from prior promotions. Codes don’t expire.
- Set reminders. Mark your calendar so you remember to enter codes during the promotional period.
- Invite others. Ask friends and family to share unused codes they aren’t planning to redeem.
- Mix up products. Try snack bars, Pop-Tarts, and other items for extra codes too.
- Read together. Make book time family time by reading your free books with your child.
- Create a mini-library. Collect multiple rewards to build an at-home library of beloved titles.
- Share on social media. Post about your experience to encourage more reading and book redemption.
With a few easy techniques, you can make the most of Kellogg’s reading rewards!
How Kellogg’s Compares to Other Free Book Programs
The Kellogg Company isn’t the only brand that offers free children’s books through special promotions. General Mills, Chex Mix, and Mars also sponsor book giveaways. Here’s how Kellogg’s stands apart:
- More redemption options: Kellogg’s allows codes from all cereals, snacks, and multipacks. Other brands limit qualifying products.
- Virtual and physical books: Kellogg’s lets you choose between shipped hardcopies or instant eBooks. Other programs only offer physical books.
- Bigger selection: Kellogg’s provides around 80 ever-changing book titles spanning diverse options. Competitors have smaller selections that remain mostly static.
- Reward flexibility: Codes can be entered on Kellogg’s user-friendly website or by mail. Other brands rely solely on mail-in options.
- Ongoing promotion: Kellogg’s runs its Feeding Reading program annually. Some competitors offer more sporadic opportunities.
While the other brands have merit, Kellogg’s structured initiative and wide product eligibility make book earnings simpler for families. The broad title selection and instant digital rewards are also big perks.
What Real Families Think About Feeding Reading
The best way to understand the impact of Kellogg’s Feeding Reading program is to hear directly from real families who have participated. Here are some genuine reviews:
“My kids get so excited choosing free books and watching them arrive in the mail. It really motivates them to read more when they get to pick fun titles they’re interested in.” – Sara R., Ohio
“As a teacher and a parent, I’m thrilled that my cereal purchase provides books for my first grade classroom and my daughter’s at-home library. It’s a win-win!” – Tammy D., Michigan
“Feeding Reading is our favorite Kellogg’s rewards program. My son earns books for good behavior and grades, so it’s great positive reinforcement.” – Lucas P., California
“We loved getting free eBooks instantly without having to leave the house. More companies should follow Kellogg’s lead in supporting digital reading options for today’s tech-savvy kids.” – Lauren C., Illinois
Based on parent feedback, Feeding Reading successfully spurs reading time, expands book access, and gets kids enthusiastic about titles they select themselves. The program clearly makes a positive impact on families across America.
Frequently Asked Questions About Feeding Reading
If you’re considering participating in Kellogg’s Feeding Reading program, you probably have some questions. Here are answers to the most common inquiries:
How many codes do I need?
Typically 5 codes can be redeemed for 1 free book. The threshold may vary by promotion.
When does the program run?
Generally from May to September. Check Kellogg’s for annual dates.
Can homeschool families participate?
Yes! The program is open to all families in the U.S.
Are codes reusable?
No, each unique 12-digit code can only be entered once.
Do the books really ship for free?
Yes, standard shipping on book orders is completely free of charge.
Can I select multiple book titles?
Absolutely, you can usually choose 5 different book titles per redemption.
Do I have to live in the U.S.?
Unfortunately the offer is currently only valid for U.S. residents.
Is there a limit to how many free books I can earn?
No, redeem as many as you’d like! More codes equal more free books.
Don’t hesitate to contact Kellogg’s directly with any other questions. Their customer service team is extremely helpful.
Additional Resources on Kellogg’s Feeding Reading
To learn more about Kellogg’s initiative to provide free children’s books, explore these useful resources:
- Kellogg’s Feeding Reading Main Page: Official program details, terms and conditions
- Kellogg’s Family Rewards: Create account to enter codes and redeem
- Kellogg’s Feeding Reading FAQ: Answers to commonly asked questions
- Kellogg’s Feeding Reading Catalog: Browse all available book titles by age
- Children’s Book Council: Learn about the book selection process and partners
Use these go-to resources to get the most updated information and make the most of Kellogg’s reading rewards program.
Start Earning Free Books Today!
Kellogg’s Feeding Reading program offers an easy yet immensely rewarding way for families to obtain free children’s books. This initiative not only expands access to books, but also motivates young readers by allowing them to choose fun titles tailored to their interests.
Take advantage of this annual promotion to instill a lifelong love of reading. Watch your child’s eyes light up when their selected books arrive!
Collect cereal and snack codes today to redeem high-quality reading materials for your child, classroom, library, or reading charity. By participating in Feeding Reading, you join Kellogg’s mission to build stronger communities through education and nutrition.