- Great for Baking, Stir-Frying or as a replacement for butter.
- Skin Care – Can also just be used for an anytime body lotion. Also prevents stretch marks during pregnancy. Mix with sugar to make a shower scrub. Use after washing dishes to soothe dry hands.
- Hair Care – If you have frizzy hair, a tiny dab should reduce that.
- Can be used as a natural remedy for lice – I had to do that once and it worked wonders!!!
- Nursing Moms – Taking 3-4 tablespoons a day will increase milk supply. Can also be used on mother’s nipple or baby’s mouth who are struggling with thrush.
- Season Cast Iron Skillets.
- Weight Loss – There are many studies indicating that consuming coconut oil daily will help you reduce weight and lose body fat.
- Natural Remedies – Mix with tea to sooth a sore throat. Rub on chicken pox or poison ivy to reduce itch. Taken internally is shown to help with depression and anxiety. Will relieve hemorrhoids. Will clear cold sores.
- Homemade Deodorant – I have made deodorant with 6 Tablespoons Coconut oil, 1/4c baking soda and 1/4c cornstarch. Mix all ingredients together and add essentials oils if you want fragrance. Remember that coconut oil will melt in warmer temps so watch where you store it.
I prefer to purchase my Coconut Oil in larger containers because it is cheaper per ounce, plus there are rarely any coupon deals for it except occasionally at Whole Foods. I occasionally find good deals on Amazon or Vitacost. What are some ways that you like to use coconut oil?