I’ve picked up my first order with Zaycon Fresh and couldn’t be happier. I ordered a 40lb case of Ground Turkey a few months ago and have found many uses for it including chili, turkey burgers and even meatloaf.
If you haven’t heard of Zaycon Fresh yet, I have some basic information for you!
What is Zaycon Fresh?
You can think of Zaycon Fresh as a type of food co–op, and in this case specifically, a meat co-op. Have you ever been a part of a food co–op for produce or purchasing other types of foods in bulk and direct from the source? Well, it is similar in nature. Buying via a food co–op leads to higher quality due to direct relationships with the producer, fresher food again because of the direct relationship, as well as lower prices because you are cutting out the middleman (i.e. the grocery store). It’s a smart food buying concept.
How does it work?
It is a unique process, but the rewards in quality, freshness, and value are worth the wait.
- You order your meat selection now for a pickup date 1–4 months from now. This is
how a group buying system works. When many can order directly from the supplier, it drives
the price down. As a result, this is done over a several month time period to ensure the
requirements of the group discount price.
- You order the meats in bulk. Generally 40 lb cases at a time. Many families will also split a
- Sale offerings are changing all of the time. There are several options, but each option is only
offered a few times per year. So the specific offerings and sales at the time of log–in will
vary depending on the month!
- At the specified day/time of your local pickup, a refrigerated truck will arrive in your
- You will drive to your pickup location on the day and time of your pickup event, generally
within 30 minutes, some locations within 5 minutes of your home and in the parking lot of a
private business or organization where arrangements have been made.
- You don’t even have to get out of your car. You pull–up in line. When it is your turn,
roll down your window and give the driver your name, pop your trunk and they will place a
plastic sheet down to protect your vehicle and load your order into your trunk.
- Drive home with your order!
- The whole process is just a few minutes, which makes
it very convenient!
- Feel free to read the FAQ to help answer additional questions.
If buying in bulk is a little scary to you, consider splitting orders with friends and family. This way you can take advantage of the savings without having to load your entire freezer of meat.
Why would I buy my meat this way instead of the grocery store?
- The cost is 30–50% less than the grocery store depending on the meat selected.
- Most all of the meat is delivered farm fresh, never frozen (there are some exceptions like
the Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon, that’s a little difficult to deliver fresh from Alaska). It comes
directly from the farms, so it is very fresh, as opposed to meats in the grocery store going
through a long journey to arrive at the store and handled by many in the process.
- The quality is compared to the higher quality options in the grocery store. The local farms
are hand-picked and Zaycon is committed to providing the highest quality. If at any time a farm
does not meet their strict standards, they will drop this farm and meat will not be available in
this area until an acceptable replacement is found.
- It’s convenient! Busy moms know that buying meat in bulk cuts down on shopping trips!
- They have a great reputation, high ratingask you readers for their thoughts!), including a great BBB.com rating (A+).
- They have been around since 2009, and growing massively in popularity because they are
meeting several needs in this key area of grocery shopping and grocery budgets
- They have one of the highest customer retention rates in any industry. The percentage of
return customers exceeds industry standards. The proof is in the pudding!
How do I order?
Ordering is really easy!
- Log on to the Zaycon site and register or log in.
- At the top of the page, click on shop by product or by location.
- Find the meat offerings you are interested in.
- You will find the details of the meat being offered.
- Click on “On Sale Now”
- Add as many cases as you would like.
- If there is a coupon code, enter it at
- At secure checkout, enter your payment information.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your order and you will also see your order history
under “My Account.”
- Wait for your pickup date/time!
Regular Prices of the Meats they Offer –
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts – $1.89/lb, sold in 40lb case
- 80/20 Ground Beef – $2.79/lb, sold in 40lb case
- 90/10 Ground Turkey – normally $2.19/lb, sold in 40lb case
- Chicken Breast Fritters – $3.29/lb, sold in 20lb case
- Pork Sausage Links – $2.29/lb, sold in 20lb case
- Premium Pork Tenderloins – $2.99/lb, sold in 30lb case
- Sweet Italian Sausages – $2.79/lb, sold in 16lb case
- Pork Loin Extra Meaty Back Ribs – $3.88/lb, sold in 36lb case
- Premium Hickory Smoked Bacon – $3.79/lb, sold in 36lb case
- USDA Choice Chuck Roast – $4.49/lb, sold in 24lb case
- Premium Skirt Steaks – $7.99/lb, sold in 14lb case
- All-Beef Hot Dogs – $2.99/lb, sold in 10lb case
- 93/7 Lean Ground Beef — $3.79/lb, sold in 40lb case
- Angus Ribeye Steaks – $9.99/lb, sold in 14lb case
- Kansas City Strip Steaks – $8.49/lb, sold in 14lb case
- Wild Argentine Red Shrimp – $$7.99/lb, sold in 20lb case